The Registered Midwife is responsible for the provision of patient / client focused holistic midwifery care to those assigned to him/her, in order to achieve desired clinical outcomes.
Registered Midwife Jobs
- Must be a Registered Midwife and hold current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Practice in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, National Competency Standards for the midwife and Registered Nurse Standards for Practice (where applicable)
- Delivery of consumer centred care that meets best practice standards
- Provide quality patient care using evidence-based approach and in line with Client's Policy and Procedure.
- Facilitate service coordination where possible to ensure broader health and well-being issues are supported
- Achievement of best practice standard
- Understand the application of National Safety and Quality Standards to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory bodies in maintained
- Demonstrate respect for individual's values, customs and spiritual beliefs to ensure patient care is effective and culturally appropriate.
- Adherence to National Safety and Quality Standards
- Establish and maintain effective communication within a multi-disciplinary
- Ensure Mandatory and relevant clinical competencies are completed within designated timeframes
- Provision of direct patient care through a consumer centred approach and within scope of practice
- Midwifery care for allocated patients
- Ensures all work is completed accurately on time and in accordance with client's policies and procedures
- Ongoing patient assessment, monitoring and consultation
- Involve patient and family in care planning and goal setting
- Explanations of services provided
- Arrange appropriate schedules for patient care
- Ensure appropriate referrals to other members of the interdisciplinary team as necessary
- Education to the mother and family members
- Be Accountable for your own Midwifery practice within the guidelines as established by AHPRA
- Ensure provision of care is within guidelines of the current policies and procedures of the Client
- Maintain patient records in accordance with Hospital/Department standards
- Maintain responsibility for the delivery of high quality, holistic care to the patient
What Our People Say...
"I started this business because I was after a work-life balance and I knew other nurses were after that too"
- Louise Thomson, CEO